Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sex / love / something in between


Sex is so much better than love where i am right now, what i mean by that is where i am mentally and emotionally at this moment.  I'd like to mention something that i experienced and learnt. Its not very difficult to differentiate intimacy(a sense of belonging and closeness) and love or intimacy and sex, why i say this is because there was a time when i thought that sex, intimacy and love were very closely related and that its important to feel all with the one you're in love with, i was wrong. Let me tell you how, I made out with someone not so long ago one afternoon, i was neither intimate with him nor was i highly attracted to him. I just wanted to have a good time, have some fun and that's about it. The same evening i met the love of my life( we're not together anymore though) and i had a great time with him. We chatted, laughed, made fun of each other and finally ended up in bed which always happens whenever we're together. Now you see with him i share an intimacy i cannot have with anybody else. The point I'm trying to make with all this rambling is that we often confuse intimacy with love and love with intimacy. I have experienced both and let me tell you it is possible to feel intimate with someone you're not in love with and its not so difficult to have sex with someone you're not in love with. I'm sure men will have something altogether different to say but like i always say, 'couldn't care less'. 

No comments: